Sunday, October 24, 2010

An iPad Look-Alike

Hp has come out with a new product. The Hp Slate 500 Tablet PC. It looks ALOT like the Apple iPad doesn't it? To me it looks like just another touch screen, keyboard-less computer. I'm not here to bash this new piece of technology though. But, if I were to choose between the iPad or the Slate I would pick the iPad. The iPad ranges from $500 with 16GB of memory to roughly $830 with 64GB of memory and 3G capabilities. The Slate goes for $800 but is lacking in precious diagonal screen size by almost 1 inch! If you know me, you know that I prefer PC instead of Apple products. I think that the iPad is my one and only exception to my bias. Below are pictures of the Apple iPad (top) and the Hp Slate (bottom).


If you prefer one of these over the other let me know and tell me why you like it better. It could be because you have a preference for PC or Apple products, or if you actually have factual evidence to back up your pick!

1 comment:

  1. I agree the Hp Slate 500 Tablet PC looks the same as the iPad. Technology is getting better. I don't really know which one is better, but I would also choose the iPad because it is much cheaper than the Hp Slate 500 Tablet PC.

    ReplyDelete