Wednesday, February 2, 2011

That makes me a genius!

On CNN's website there is an article that talks about how video games can make you smarter. Here is the link to the article: http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/01/31/video.games.smarter.steinberg/index.html. The article talks about how strategy, teamwork and collaboration are factors that allow you to become smarter.



My favorite video games are the Call of Duty series. I have always thought that the strategy that I apply to the game when I am playing must have some kind of factor in making me smarter. Now that I know it has been proven to make you smarter I guess I can replace studying with playing my Xbox! Even though I wish I could do that, the level of brain stimulation-even though greater than watching TV- is still less than actively trying to learn.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard about how video games can make you smarter but never actually read about it. I bet Call Of Duty is a way to improve some skill you have but I guess it's still not the same as learning something. I'm not a big fan of video games but maybe I'll start playing instead of watching mindless hours of television since it's said that it gets your brain more active. This was a really neat discovery, something that'll definitely surprise my parents.

    ReplyDelete