Saturday, November 20, 2010

Call of Duty: Black Ops, a Record Breaker

Activision's Call of Duty: Black Ops launched on November 9th, 2010. It has set a new record for the most copies of a video game sold in the first 24 hours after a game launch, with 5.6 million copies sold. That's-That's incredible. The previous record was from last year  which was another Call of Duty title, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, selling 4.7 million copies in 24 hours. That's a lot of Duty! But enough with the potty jokes, on to some more serious business.

For all of you out there who has a Xbox 360, PS3, PC, Wii and Nintendo DS I would recommend this game to you (if you aren't 17 or older ask for your parents' permission to pick up a copy of this game.) I have played my fair share of this game so you know the recommendation is coming from a reliable source. When you play the game you have a sense of actually being  smack-dab the middle of all the action. And believe me, there is a lot of action. So much action that I find myself playing the game for an hour longer than I first intended to.

Speaking from the technological point of view, I find it to be very cool that people from all over the world can communicate with each other via the internet while playing Call of Duty. I've had a lot of fun playing this game, and staying in touch with friends from out of state over the Xbox Live chat feature. Get your Duty on!

No comments:

Post a Comment